Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Low-Tech Latte


I live in a household with two coffee fanatics, however I find coffee too bitter on its own, and need to have it really milky to enjoy. Doubly so with espresso from our stove top espresso maker. 


As I am the only one in the house not connoisseur enough to enjoy my espresso black, I've developed a little method for foaming my milk that doesn't involve buying a new gadget. I simply heat my milk on the stove....


 Pour it into the ubiquitous mason jar.


Shake like mad, pour in into the mugs and spoon out the foam. It works great. It does create a few dishes, but those are so much easier to do once you've had your latte.

As an aside, I recently learned that if you are ever in Italy, don't order a latte if you want a cafe latte, or you will just get milk. 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment